Interactive Session 11: Artificial Intelligence driving the shape of new realities
|Time:||11:00 - 12:30|
Artificial Intelligence driving the shape of new realities: what to expect from the music in the Metaverse Era
- Antonio Crespo (Director of the Musitechnic Community and Research Center, Director of Programs – College Musitechnic, Member of the Board of Directors – DreamerGate R&D Ent. Inc.)
- Ann-Louise Davidson (Associate Professor of Education and Concordia University Research Chair in Maker Culture, Director of Concordia University Innovation Lab, Associate Director of the Milieux Institute for Arts, Culture and Technology)
- Jérôme Minière (Instrumentalist, Singer, Writer and Composer)
- Arianna Mazzeo (Researcher at MERIT - McMaster Education Research, Innovation & Theory Program; Researcher of Practice in Design, Art, and Technology at MIT, Senior Research Fellow at the Rhode Island School of Design, Director of the Design Fiction Studio)
- Nicholas Laroche (Co-founder and CTO of BeatConnect. Professional Music Producer, Senior Project Manager – software development at BIXI. Senior Product owner at Connect&GO, Senior Product Owner at CBC/Radio-Canada)
Our conventional reality shall properly acknowledge the existence of online social networks comprising from millions to billions of active members. And even before fully understanding the sociological and psychological impacts of such massive remote social medias hosted interactions, we now face the potential migration of these individuals towards a new (virtual?) reality named Metaverse. Within such scenario, the interactive session is intended to discuss some insights on how existing AI algorithms featured in the social medias’ platforms (facial recognition, textual analysis, targeted advertising, language translation, news feed, etc.), as well Extended (augmented-virtual-mixed) Reality applications and environments may impact the future of Music and Music creation as we know.
Such exciting and challenging matter will be addressed in a one hour and half discussion session featuring:
- a 20 minutes presentation on AI / Metaverse / Music ecosystems intersections, aimed at setting the scene for a panel discussion.
- a 30 minutes panel discussion featuring 4 panelists from the artistic domain, from the tech industry and from the Academia.
- a 30 minutes interactive discussion with the participation of the audience.
- a 10 minutes wrap up.
The Interactive Session is expected to bring insights on some burning questions, such as:
- What is the Metaverse?
- Will the AI currently driving the social medias continue to thrive in the Metaverse?
- How AI and the Metaverse are impacting the Sound & Music: which reality shapes which reality?